Shine Bright Collection Swatches (Holiday/Winter 2020)

Let's Take an Elfie

This is a beautiful dark purple shimmer shade with a pearl finish.  This is opaque in two coats and is actually the first color I am wearing from this collection; it is STUNNING in person.

Red-y For the Holidays

This is a cherry red cream shade that is basically a one-coater polish.  Very classic OPI.

Merry in Cranberry

This next shade is a bright magenta pink shade that has a bit of hot pink shimmer that has a pearl finish.  Two coats are perfect for this polish.

Gingerbread Man Can

This is actually one of my favorite shades in the collection because I feel like it is pretty unique in OPI's range.  This is a taupe brown shade that has a bit of silver shimmer to it and has a pearl finish.  It starts off a little bit more sheer than I'd like my polishes to be, but is perfectly opaque in two coats.

This Gold Sleighs Me

This is a bright yellow gold pearl shade.  These types of golds are not my color at all, so I apologize for the color not looking good with my skin tone.  This is opaque in just two coats.

Dressed to the Wines

The next shade in this collection is this darker brownish red shade that has a bit of gold/brown shimmer to it but has a pearl finish.  Two coats will do the job.

This Shade is Ornamental

This next shade is a medium toned coral shade that has a pearl finish.  This one surprised me as well because I didn't think I'd love it so much with my skin tone.  It runs a little more orange for a coral which I don't usually like, but I can definitely see myself wearing this a lot in the future.  Two coats will do nicely.

Snowfalling for You

The last of the pearl shades is this light coral/pink shade.  This one was basically exactly what I expected from a pearl shade and that is that it would show a lot of brush strokes.  I'm not a huge fan of this shade but it is beautiful.  Two coats will make this opaque.

Naughty or Ice?

This is the first of the glitters in this collection and is this icy white shade that has undertones of pearl to it along with the micro glitters.  Two thicker coats or three thin will make this more opaque.

Tinsel, Tinsel 'Lil Star

Similar to the shade previous to this, this is a micro glitter polish with a pearl base/finish but this is in a more silver/gray shade.  Two thicker coats or three thin coats will make this one opaque as well.

To All a Good Night

The last of these types of glitter polishes in this collection is this absolutely stunning black/gunmetal glitter shade that has the undertone/finish of a pearl.  I was also VERY surprised by how much I loved this shade on.  I am in love with this!  Two coats will do nicely for this.

Heart and Coal

This one took me by the most surprise after looking at the ordering page and getting it in person.  I had no idea it was going to be THIS!!  It is a black pearl polish that has micro holographic glitters within.  Sometimes when polishes have these micro holo glitters in them, they tend to get lost on the nails, but this polish displays them perfectly.  Two coats will be perfect with this polish but you will need a very thick top coat.  These dry down kind of spikey and bumpy because of the micro glitters suspended in the polish.

All A'Twitter in Glitter

This is the first of the glitter top coats that are extra in this holiday collection.  This is not part of the core collection for the holidays but can be purchased separately.  This topper has iridescent hexagonal glitters with iridescent micro glitters suspended in a clear base.  I pictured them above over a light blue (The I's Have It), a white (Alpine Snow), and a black (Black Onyx) to give you a range of what this topper can do.  They look vastly different over different colors so you can have a lot of fun with this top coat.  As with most/all glitter top coats, this one is not going to be very easy to take off, but so it goes.  Out of the three toppers in this collection, this is the only one I liked.  

Bling It On!

The next topper in this collection is this periwinkle shimmer shade that has iridescent shards suspended within.  I showed this topper on its own on the left two nails and then over a white base (Alpine Snow) on the right two nails.  I prefer how it looks over the white base personally and you could use a matching base to bring the color of the topper out more.  I personally did not like this polish.  It was very difficult to work with.  On the left two nails, if you use two coats they become very thick and sharp and will probably require a few coats of a top coat.  With the right two nails, if you have it over a base you will get a smoother finish but you might still get shards sticking up and will require a thicker top coat.  This is just not my jam.

Puttin' on the Glitz

Lastly in the Shine Bright holiday collection is this muddy gray cream shade that has the suspended iridescent shards.  I did not like this topper at all; I really struggled with this one and it gave me no reason to really try hard to figure it out.  I would suggest not using this on its own as it is shown on the left two nails above.  It gets extremely thick and sharp and very difficult to work with.  If you do love this shade, I would highly suggest using a dark gray or black base as I did with the right two nails.  Those are pictured with a base of black (Black Onyx) and then one coat of the topper.  You still get the color of the base of the topper without overloading the shards.  I do not like this type of topper and I hope they never make it again; that's how strongly I feel.  However, I know some people might LOVE this shade and that's totally fine.  It's not my cup of tea.

Comments

  1. These are interesting, I like them :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Thank you for sharing such great swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! What base and top polish do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Seche Vite for the base and the OPI Plumping Top Coat for the topper. You can get them both at PolishPick.com for a really good price, otherwise, you can find them at Ulta or Sallys!

      Delete
  4. A cool tip for puttin on the glitz!
    I was really excited about this polish, and then I ran into the trouble other people and reviews that others have mentioned.
    Then I tried something unconventional!
    Here is my tip trick!
    Apply a coat of dark nail polish.
    Then float on 2 to 3 coats of puttin on the glitz... then!
    Take a clean up brush, dip it in acetone and gently swipe it over some of the confetti glitters, so that they show better! Then add a top coat or two!!. Viola!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely disagree, Maria. I think they should bring back Vodka & Caviar.
    ...
    *throws old, empty OPI bottles at phishing spammer*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment