Malibu Collection Swatches (Summer 2021)

 

From Dusk til Dune

This is a very light pinky nude shade that's a little more jelly than straight cream.  It has opal like small flakies suspended within which gives it a totally unique look.  Two thick coats or three thin coats are ideal, however, you may still see your nail lines even with just two coats as you can see above.

Coastal Sand-tuary

This is a very light nude tone, more like an off-white or cream shade.  This is a pretty watery formula and a bit streaky, at least in my bottle.  I needed two thick coats for this to be opaque and you can still kind of see the ridges sticking up on my nail.  I love this color though and I would compare this to My Vampire is Buff from the Euro Centrale Collection.

El Mat-adoring You

This is a light reddish tan cream shade that is perfectly smooth and even in just two coats.  I was the most excited about this in the browns side of this collection and I think it looks really nice with my skin tone.

Endless Sun-ner

This next shade is a more medium/bright reddish brown shade that I would compare to a terracotta clay pot in person.  This is a very nice cream and goes on evenly in just two coats.

Cliffside Karaoke

This next shade is a milk chocolate brown cream.  Seriously gives me melted milk chocolate vibes and goes on perfect in two coats.

Bonfire Serenade

Last up in the browns side of the collection is this medium toned taupe cream.  This goes on nicely in just two coats.  I was actually surprised by how much I loved this color in person.

Marigolden Hour

Next up in the Malibu Colleciton is this bright goldenrod cream shade.  I think OPI has figured out yellows because this goes on so evenly in two coats, like barely any streaking on even the first coat.  I love this color in person and is a super unique yellow in my collection.

PCH Love Song

This next shade is a bright and fiery orange cream that has gold/bronze dusty shimmer within.  This goes on perfectly smooth in just two coats.  When I saw this shade in the bottle I was okay with it, but let me tell you, when it's on, it's a game changes.  This is a stunning and bright color perfect for summer.

Strawberry Waves Forever

This next shade is a bright magenta shade that has iridescent shimmers throughout that shine purple/pink/blue in different lights.  You will need two coats to make this even but the formula is super nice and smooth with this shade even with all the dimension of the shimmer.  It's definitely not a glitter polish so you won't have a super hard time getting this off.

The Sound of Vibrance

This next shade is a medium to dark purple shimmer color with finishing glimmers of blue and purple.  I would say when this dries down, this leans toward the royal/dark blue side of purple and I would liken this to Samurai Breaks a Nail from the Tokyo Collection.  I am obsessed.

Pear-adise Cove

The penultimate shade in this collection is this slime lime green cream shade.  This is a perfectly smooth and even polish in just two coats.  I can 100% say that I don't have a single color that even comes close to this. Run, don't walk, to get this because I'm sure it's going to be sold out immediately.

Mali-blue Shore

Last, but definitely not least, is this bright powder blue cream shade.  This goes on perfectly in just two coats and is the first shade I swatched in this collection.  I just couldn't wait.  Can you blame me?  I've probably had a few colors that come close to this shade but it is definitely a unique tone of blue.

Comments

  1. SO excited to see your swatches of this collection! :) Curious to know if you think that Mali-blue Shore falls somewhere between Fearlessly Alice and Dreams Need Clara-fication? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail Powder

    Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and also the rest of the site is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. information of all issue and subject goes a really big informative thing
    jantapost.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment