Celebration Swatches (Holiday 2021)

 

Snow Day in LA

This is a very opaque snow white cream with a bit of pearly shimmer to it.  This could be opaque in just two coats, but I used three because I have some ridges on one of my nails and it looked a lot better to have three coats.  I would also say be very careful with your brushstrokes as you will see them.

Turn Bright After Sunset

This is a linear holographic black polish that is opaque in just two coats.  It may not look super holographic in this picture, but I assure you it is.  I will say all of the holographic polishes in this collection are indeed, holographic, but the lights I use for swatches do not like to show the rainbows.  You can hop over to my Instagram (@opi_addict) to see the proper rainbows as I post them.

Big Bow Energy

This name though!! This is a hot Barbie pink cream shade that is opaque in just two coats.  I will say that this is actually much more hot/neon in person which is strange for a Holiday collection but works well with the collection as a whole.

Mylar Dreams

This is the magenta pink holographic counterpart to the previous polish.  What sets this holographic polish apart from others is that the holographic sparkles are slightly more dispersed than a true linear holographic and there are some underlying glitter pieces that show through more in person.  It's a true celebration on the nails.

Maraschino Cheer-y

This is a medium toned red cream polish that actually isn't jelly!  Usually shades of red like this are more of a crelly polish, but this is a true cream and is opaque in just two coats.  This one also didn't stain my nails at all.

Paint the Tinseltown Red

The red holographic counterpart to the previous polish is this orangish-red holographic polish.  As with the previous holo polish, this has some underlying glitter to it that sets this apart from other holographic polishes.  I really love the orange hue you get to this polish as well instead of making this a true red.

OPI <3 to Party

This next shade is a vampy eggplant cream polish and just like the red cream in this polish, I was surprised it wasn't a crelly.  This is opaque in just two coats.  I don't normally reach for purples in this shade, but I definitely think I'll be reaching for this one this fall.

My Color Wheel is Spinning

This next shade is the purple holographic counterpart to the previous purple shade in this collection.  Again, this is a true slightly scattered linear holographic polish that has a bit of underlying sparkle to it.  I really love this shade of purple, and when I swatched this one, I really didn't want to take it off.  I would wear this one this week but I have a wedding to attend and need to wear a different color this week! 

Ring in the Blue Year

When I tell you my jaw DROPPED when I saw this blue in person... This is a bright bright BRIGHT cobalt blue cream shade.  I wish you could see the beauty in person, if you don't have this color already.  It's also a one-coater which means, if you're feeling lazy, one coat will do it.  This doesn't even have that weird blue polish smell that I feel a lot of these types of shades have to it.. if you know you know.

LED Marquee

This is the blue "holographic" counterpart to the previous blue in the collection.  I put holographic in quotations because I'm not extremely convinced it's working hard enough to be a rainbow holographic.  I wonder if it's the shade of blue that is used in the base or if all my lighting just can't pick it up whatsoever.  It's been super gloomy lately so I haven't been able to sun test this yet but I will give you updates on Instagram!  This does look like Angels Flight to Starry Nights from the DTLA collection but it's definitely a brighter true blue.

All is Berry & Bright

The penultimate shade in the Celebration collection is this beautiful blue hued purple cream.  This one is opaque in just two coats.  I would say if you want to replace Lost My Bikini in Molokini from the Hawaii Collection, you should absolutely grab this color.  The formula is much smoother and even than Molokini.

Ready, Fete, Go

The last shade in this collection is this beautiful tealy-turquoise holographic polish.  This too has a bit of underlying glitter to it making it super unique to other holographic polishes on the market.  I really love that, instead of doing another purple holographic to match the previous color, they decided to go with this teal shade.  It's beautiful!

Comments

  1. YAY!!! Thank you soooo much for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks indeed but I hoped you would also show the 3 additional glitter toppers in this new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing an informative article with relevant facts. You can also have thorough reading of remove gel nail polish at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment