The Power of Hue Swatches (Summer 2022)


Sugar Crush It

This polish reminds me a lot of Princesses Rule! but if it was creamier and less sheer.  It's a very light baby pink cream shade with silvery/blue shimmer.  Probably my least favorite in the collection because I'm not a huge fan of this shade in shimmer.

Exercise Your Brights

This next polish is a hot Barbie pink crelly polish with iridescent shimmer suspended within.  The polish shines silver/blue/purple depending on the light.  After two coats, you can still see the nail line, but it's not super noticeable.

Mango For It

OPI is really towing the line between shimmer/glitter with their finishes in this collection.  I'll call them glimmers, because I'm sure you can guess what the other combination would have made....lol!  This next polish is a bright BRIGHT orange glimmer crelly that shines a yellowy gold in the light.

Bee Unapologetic

I thought I wouldn't like this polish when I saw it in the bottle because of the type of yellow it was, but honestly, I really enjoyed this on the nails.  It's a bright neon yellow shimmer crelly polish.  It has yellowy shimmer in the light and you can still sort of see the nail line after two coats.  Again, not very noticeable.

Feel Bluetiful

I feel like this one glitched my camera.. it's just that bluetiful.  It's this absolutely bright and glimmery cerulean shade.  The gliimmers just extenuate the color of the polish instead of add a different color layer..if that makes sense.  Again, you can still see the nail line after two coats but it's not super noticeable IRL.

Sky True to Yourself

Okay... this name was a stretch.  This polish is a ~sky~ blue cream based polish that has a silver shimmer finish.  I feel like I should really love this polish, but it's just not for me.. I think because it feels too thick?  Maybe I need to give it a second chance.

Make Rainbows

 I am OBSESSED with this polish.  I think it might be my favorite of the collection because I don't think I've ever seen a green like this.  It's a bright green creamy polish that leans on the yellowy side of green (versus the bluer side).  It has a beautiful shimmer shine finish to it that shines blue/silver in the light.  

Go to Grape Lengths

This one is very similar to Exercise Your Brights, but make it a bright purple.  This one shines silvery/blue in the light and applies perfectly in two coats.

The Future is You

This is definitely in my top 5 for this collection, probably even top 3.  It's a beautiful peachy beige shade with a peachy gold shimmer finish.  This is definitely more of a cream base versus a jelly/crelly.  I love how this applies and how it looks with my skin tone.  Definitely a must have from the collection.

Sun-Rise Up

This is the other polish from this collection that's in my top 3.  :)  This one is a rosy pink cream based polish that has a bit of peachy gold shimmer to it.  It's basically the sister to The Future is You.  Perfection in just two coats.

Pink BIG

I will definitely be re-swatching this one in more sunlight because, contrary to what this looks like, it actually shimmer holographic.  So this is a very hot bright pink crelly polish that has holographic tiny glitters suspended within.  Definitely not shimmer; this has defined glitter but they're very fine.

Don't Wait. Create.

This one gives the similar vibe to Sky True to Yourself, but make it pastel purple.  This one shines silver in the light.  Two coats will be perfect for this.


I purchase all my polishes from PolishPick.com; they are not PR.  I do this for fun and because I'm actually obsessed with OPI...clearly. :D

Comments

  1. Enjoy your blog so much! This is one of their collections that I feel I need to get all of. I am so curious to see your entire trove you've accumulated. I'm obsessed with hoarding colors in any way I can: polish, eyeshadow, colored pencils, beads, and embroidery floss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment