Summer Make the Rules Swatches (Summer 2023)

I just want to say first and foremost that I'm trying something new here.  My nails have been taking a beating and with all the swatching, they take forever to recover.  I am using fake nails here.. press ons that I painted myself *gasp*.. I know.  If you hate it, I'm sorry, but this is the most fun I've had doing swatches in a while and my nails are healthy.  Thanks for understanding!

I Quit My Day Job

First up in the summer 2023 collection is this very beautiful hot pink cream.  2 coats will be perfect.
Sunscreening My Calls

Next we have this very bright lemon yellow pearl cream shade.  With pearls, you need to make sure to have even and light brush strokes to get an even finish.
Makeout-side

Yes, this is extremely similar to the first shade in the collection, however, in person this has more of a purple undertone to it.  I'd say if you want a pink from this collection, pick one or the other.. you don't need both.
Sanding in Stilettos

There are definitely repeating formulas in this collection (makes sense) so this is a very similar formula to the lemon yellow previously.  This is a bright peach pearl cream shade.  When I saw this, I thought it was going to be too similar to Switch to Portrait Mode from the previous collection, but that one is definitely a more sheer pastel formula versus this summer opaque bright formula.
Flex on the Beach

I love the name of this one!! This is bright neon coral cream shade.  You might need to lay this one on a little thicker or go with three thin coats.  It's not my favorite cream formula and goes on a bit patchy.
Bikini Boardroom

This is another pearly cream shade but in this gorgeous bright lavender color.  Again with the pearls, you need to have even and light brushstrokes to get a cohesive finish.  Now, I'm not a fan of pearl shade but I absolutely am loving each one of these.
Skate to the Party

To me, this is like the summer neon version of OPI <3 DTLA which is from one of my favorite fall collections recently.  It's a really stunning bright cornflower purple/blue cream shade.
Stay Out All Bright

Here's your highlighter cream counterpart to Sunscreening My Calls.  I bet this would make an interesting monochromatic skittle manicure.  This is similar in formula to Flex on the Beach where it's not a super even formula and definitely not a one-coater polish, but two thicker coats will get you covered.
Charge It to Their Room

I am just obsessed with this bright blue cream polish.  It definitely leans purple, but I really don't know how else to describe this one. Very unique IMO.
Surf Naked

Here we go with another pearl cream shade but this one is in a bright ocean cerulean color.  I would love to put all these pearls into a bright summer skittle manicure.
Summer Monday-Fridays

I am just thrilled we are getting a bright highlighter lime green cream shade in this collection.  This one is perfect and I feel like this shade would look amazing on basically anyone.
I'm Yacht Leaving

UGHHHH THIS ONE.  I am truly obsessed with this color HOWEVER... the color you see here is not the color it is.  I was baffled at how my camera would not at all pick up the actual color this is.  In person, it's like a neon green turquoise shade.. not this at all.  Here's what I think the color actually looks like:  HEX #06d694.  Major eye roll, just don't even bother with this swatch.

As always, I purchase all of my nail polishes myself at PolishPick.com.  I really love their customer service and their prices can't be beat IMO.  :)

Comments